This section of the Introduction provides a quick overview for readers entirely new to orcharhino.
What is orcharhino?¶
orcharhino is a complete data centre management solution. It provides system life cycle management through a single easy to use interface. In particular orcharhino supports automated system deployment, configuration management, and patch management.
In so doing, orcharhino automates most operational tasks, thus helping to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and increase the number of systems that can be managed. Rolling out additional servers or applying the newest patch to hundreds of systems is just a mouse click away, greatly increasing scalability and reducing time to market.
By supporting a wide range of established open source operating systems and enterprise solutions, orcharhino maintains maximum vendor independence and flexibility. It will allow you to monitor and manage your servers across physical, virtual, and cloud based environments, while maintaining consistency on all of them.
Who benefits from orcharhino?¶
Due to its broad and flexible nature, orcharhino will benefit any company or organization managing an IT infrastructure involving anything from a couple of Linux based servers to a full-fledged data centre!
In particular orcharhino supports:
- Scalability: A typical customer might be running anything from a hand full of Linux based servers in a single location to a distributed system with thousands of machines.
- Multiple distributions: orcharhino is used by customers running single or multiple Linux distributions including Red Hat, SUSE, Debian, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Virtualization: orcharhino supports a wide range of virtualization options (VMware, KVM, EC2, Google Compute Engine). Customers might be running on site physical systems, virtual machines, entirely cloud based systems, or some combination of all three.
- Configuration management: orcharhino supports multiple established configuration management systems (Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack), offering the full range of choices for customers new to these systems, or an easy transition for those already familiar with any one of them.
What are the expected benefits?¶
- Reduced administration costs through automation: Routine tasks can be automated, freeing up system administrators for higher value work, as well as greatly increasing the number of systems that can be easily managed.
- Faster system adjustments: New servers can be rolled out at the touch of a button and dismantled just as easily, allowing you to react instantly to a change in your needs and ensuring availability when you need it most.
- Manage your own software: Easily distribute your own software across different life cycle environments such as development, testing and production, as well as different physical or virtual locations in your company.
- Greater system consistency: Easily manage a company wide infrastructure across multiple physical locations through a single interface. Maintain a consistent operating environment through orcharhino’s centralized patch and configuration management.
- Greater system stability and security: Ensure that your IT infrastructure is protected from third party access and that your data and IT processes are secure. Quickly apply security patches on all your machines. Ensure software deployed in your systems comes from trusted sources. orcharhino will actively provide status reports on the health of server configuration, available security fixes and available updates.
Why orcharhino? (Why ATIX?)¶
- Vendor independence: orcharhino supports multiple configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack), as well as multiple virtualization options (VMware, KVM, EC2, Google Compute Engine), and multiple Linux distributions (Red Hat, SUSE, Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Consulting and engineering: Our consultants will work with you to assess your particular needs and help with every aspect of implementation. If needed our engineers can adapt or expand the software to facilitate integration with existing services.
- Training and support: ATIX believes in maximum Know-How transfer to our customers. We offer both professional support and training programs, which may be highly tailored to a customers’ individual needs.
- Simple to use subscription model: ATIX is a partner for companies seeking to control IT infrastructure costs. Our subscription model is kept as simple as possible, depending only on the number of systems you want to manage via orcharhino. (You subscribe for one orcharhino Master plus packages of 50 managed systems). In addition we offer standard and premium support, as well as a number of services around orcharhino.